1. Oooh, Jack's voice is deeper than I expected, and this opening sequence is way more poetic and dark than I expected from this goofy film!
2. Why the eff is the Easter Bunny Australian??? Rabbits are invasive there! They've made a strong movement to replace the "Easter bunny" with the "Easter Bilby" in Australia, because rabbits are ravaging the native wildlife there.
3. OMG THEIR FAMILY DOG IS A GREYHOUND!!! YESSSS!!! Greyhounds need all the good press they can get, nearly as much as pitbulls.
4. Chris Pine!!! THAT'S why Jack sounds so sexy! voiced by Kirk!!
5. How they handled the ending for Pitch Black... disappoint. I was expecting his character to, in defeat, receive some empathy or acceptance, since I'd been feeling rather sorry for him the entire time. I mean, he's basically the guy everyone rejects and hates and ignores out of hand, and this clearly hurts him deeply. He even reaches out to Jack who has been going through the same thing; although it was a manipulative, ulterior-motive kind of reaching out, he seemed invested in the idea that the two had something in common. When everyone was throwing snowballs at the end, I thought for sure someone would hit Pitch in the face with a snowball, and he'd loosen up a little and play too. Maybe that would be too easy, as he has much to atone for, and as the embodiment of Fear, he's sort of inherently unpleasant. But fear isn't always a bad thing-- it keeps your senses sharp when there's danger, and it keeps you prepared for the worst. I have gotten myself into some pretty dangerous messes while rock climbing, and I know that without fear, I would be smooshed at the bottom of a cliff somewhere. Fear can even be fun! Why else would roller coasters and horror movies and bungee jumping be so popular? Of course, fear is also responsible for hate and bigotry, and plenty of bad stuff, and we see that evil side of Pitch Black in the movie. I just wish, after they foiled his evil plot, we could have seen his positive side. I wish someone had been like, "It's ok, I believe in you, we won't reject you anymore. Just stop doing evil shit."
6. Should I go read the books now?
Playing: Assassins Creed Black Flag